18 things
to creativity
The Huffpost article about 18 things creative people do differently highlights several important ways of interacting with creativity.
What can be
pinpointed in this article is how creativity, on a personal level, is not
solely based in one specific way. To fully grasp and express your creativity at
a high level and understanding it, one has to perform creativity in several
ways. Of course this does not have to mean that following all 18 ways of
creativity will reach you to the ultimate way of working in a creative sphere.
After
reading the Huffpost article there where some steps where I felt familiar with.
The first
one is the daydreamer. As mentioned in the article, the daydreamer finds a
solution or comes up with an idea when their minds are at a different place. I
lost the count at how many times I have done that. During lectures, to walking
down the street or when I am engaged in a conversation with a friend, I have
reached answers or solutions to either an assignment or work when I have
daydreamed. It’s really hard to explain how this works, but to put it into
simple terms, all brain activity shuts down for 1-3 seconds and the solution to
any problems I might have had appear without even thinking about it. In this
case it is important to let time befriend with you. For example one time I had
a photo-shoot for Vice Magazine. When I pitched my ideas on what kind of
pictures I wanted to take they denied it first. So instead of trying to force
myself of rewriting my ideas I let it pass for a day or two. During that
timespan I made sure that I was occupied with something else. What happened,
since I knew that daydreaming helps me, was that the day after, while hanging
around with my friends, I stopped listen to them, shut all “brain activity” and
daydreamed. Within seconds a solution to
improve my first idea to the photo-shoot appeared. I made sure that I wrote
down some words that would help me remember it. Afterwards I let it be for a
couple of hours and when I came home I started to rewrite everything and
pitched it again to the magazine. This time they went with my idea and was
successfully published at their website.
There are
several more ways of creativity in the Huffpost article that I follow and work
through. I personally do not follow one way; I make sure that I follow as many
as I can. The daydreamers path to creativity was just one that I found
interesting. I have on many occasions followed “They observe everything” (I do
that constantly, almost everyday) “They people watch” (Since I enjoy a great
time working with people and analyse them) “They follow their true passion” (If
you do not enjoy your work you cannot fulfil it to the fullest).
At the same
time, some ways of creativity does not work for me and that is good. Too much
of something would eventually lead to an overload.
These pictures are some from a whole
series I did for Vice Magazine.
The idea I came up with was "Good Morning"
Copyright Jonath Mathew
series I did for Vice Magazine.
The idea I came up with was "Good Morning"
Copyright Jonath Mathew



Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar